Leave a Gift to SUNZ in your Will
‘…we will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the Lord, his power, and the wonders he has done.’
Leaving a gift to SUNZ in your Will is a way to ensure God's message is proclaimed to children and young people, long after you have journeyed to be with your Saviour.
If you are able to help us in any way you will be making a huge difference to the lives of thousands of children and young people in New Zealand.
The legacy you could leave
No gift is too small to be used by God to transform a life. Your generosity can result in even more children and young people discovering Jesus and becoming life-long disciples who serve the world around them.
- $7,000 could fully fund a SUNZ camp for 35 young people.
- $30,000 could fund Āpōpō, our mental health programme for a year.
- $70,000 could help resource and support one of our ministry staff for a whole year.
Legacies from generous supporters are one of our significant sources of funding, providing income for many years ahead.
How to make a gift in your Will
When preparing your Will, we recommend you seek the assistance of your family solicitor or a trustee company (such as the Public Trust or Perpetual Guardian Trust) to ensure your wishes are properly recorded.
You will also need to decide what kind of gift you’d like to make. There are a variety of ways to leave a gift in your Will to SUNZ:
- Residuary Bequest: this is a gift of what is left over (the residue) or a percentage thereof in your estate after all expenses and debts have been settled and you have provided for your loved ones.
- Pecuniary Bequest: this means a specified sum of money in your Will is gifted to SUNZ.
- Specified Bequest: this is where a particular item of value (for example stocks and shares, property or works of art) is gifted to SUNZ in your Will.
To make sure the wording in your Will accurately describes your intentions, we suggest including the following clause:
“I give (a specified share of the residue/or the sum of/or a specified bequest) to Scripture Union in New Zealand (CC23323) for its general purposes and I declare that the receipt of the appointed officer shall be full and sufficient discharge for the said legacy.”
Thank you so much for considering leaving a gift in your Will to SUNZ. We know this is a big decision, and we appreciate you’ll want to take your time to think it through and share your thoughts with your family.
If you decide to remember us in your Will, we would be grateful if you could let us know. This helps us to plan for the future and we’d also like to be able to share our thanks with you during your lifetime and to keep you up-to-date on the vital work you will be supporting.
If you would like to remain anonymous, we will make a note of that and absolutely respect your wishes.
Please do get in touch with us if you have any questions about leaving a gift in your Will or you’d like to discuss any details. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or speak to one of our friendly team by calling 0508 423 836 between 8am and 4pm, Monday to Friday.